Monday, December 23, 2013

Stewed Pig Trotters

People love this dish because of the gelatinous, melt-in-the-mouth quality of the substantial amount of bouncy, succulent skin. The old folks also say that this dish would do wonders for the skin, given it being rich in collagen and protein. So? Indulge!!

Except that I was fearful that it would too high in cholesterol, not to say, high in calories too. Fat!!!!

"I'm cooking Pig Trotters," said Second Aunt. "Later, I'll give you some."

"Oh no! Fat!!!" I exclaimed.

Second Aunt picked for me the leanest cuts. I'm so spoilt.

Stewed Pig Trotters

Still, I ate with caution, not really dare to eat too many pieces at one time.This pot was not "some" like Second Aunt said. It was A LOT. We ate this for two days! The pieces of pig trotters, seeped overnight, had fully absorbed the flavour of the fragrant soy gravy, giving the whole dish more depth in taste. The next day, Mom added some hard-boiled eggs to the stew ...... and that was delicious too. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...