Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Kacangma @ Pelita Seahorse

AT patronised the economy rice stall, just because the staff was willing to heat up the kacangma and add extra white rice wine for him. Of course, they charged him more at RM6.00 per bowl.

So we each had a bowl sans the rice ....

Kacangma chicken .... 

And I must say that I did not like it. Why? I guess I had plenty of criticisms for this bowl of Kacangma.

Hmn .... first, I think the kacangma herb itself was not well toasted, and thus the flavour was a bit light. Then, the dish itself was too diluted. I liked it thick. The chicken was pale in colour, meaning that it was not well-stewed in the kacangma herb. Then, I did not like the wine used. Instead of being fragrant, this was probably bad quality wine which produced alcoholic fumes. Hmn ..... I found it to be intoxicating. I felt slightly dizzy after eating. Because of all the unpleasant qualities in this version of Kacangma,  I wouldn't want to eat this again. :P

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how come this kacangma so "watery"... I thought usually the soup is thick.
    Yes, the chicken indeed looked pale and the whole dish is not tempting at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, please email me, im one of your loyal reader. I own a newly open restaurant in Miri, Sarawak, would like to invite you to my restaurant and promote for me in your blog. Eat and drink free flow. Only available for 2 persons. Kelvinlcw89@hotmail.co.uk, my manager would like to meet you and talk about our cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I wouldn't waste my calories eating the kacangma here in the future! And yes, Mr. Anonymous, thanks for your invitation, I would love to try out your cafe!!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...