Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Traumatised

What do you bring when you go out? Just on a quick grocery shopping trip? Who do you go out with usually?

Well, it was a Sunday evening. It was drizzling. I went to buy some necessities at the supermarket at the nearest mall. The Spring was my favourite mall, and I loved going there to shop or to hang out.

I parked at the outdoor parking area, just across the road. I had with me just my wristlet. Inside the wristlet was my phone, my money, my identity card and my driving license. The basics.

And they were snatched away from me by an unknown man.

I let out a series of screams while I gave a chase. But he was faster, no doubt. He snatched for a living after all. He ran out of the exit into the darkness .....

"He went there ....," a kind pedestrian told me, pointing to the back lane of the housing area.

I lingered .... and only then did I notice 3 security guards around me ... they couldn't do anything too.

It was 7.45 p.m. Not late. 

And I was not alone walking to the car. I was with my parents. And yet, such an incident could occur. What's the society becoming to? 

That night, I relived the incident for tens of times. Each time, it sent chills down my spine. I laid in bed, tossing and turning, fear embedded deep in my heart. It was very traumatising indeed.

All that's left of my beloved old phone .... 

I have since replaced my documents, and gotten myself a new phone. But I feel so insecure. It will take time for me to put the entire episode behind me. Sigh. So everyone there, do always be cautious with your belongings.

Merry Xmas! 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that. WIll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It once happened to me, somewhere near Pustaka Miri. Two men were trying to snatch my laptop away from me but I managed to struggle free from them. When I reportd the incident in the police station, an inspector suspectedt I was lying and threatened to arrest me. He didn't believe that I could struggle free from the two men but I was much much taller than them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sintaicharles, I appreciate that.

    The policewoman whom I reported to had lackadaisical attitude; but the minute she found out that I was a professional, her attitude changed and she talk to me in a more cordial manner. I must say that her BM grammar was bad too ..... I could not help but correct her sentence structures, choice of words, suffixes and punctuation. Lol. It's an occupational disease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Orcagal. Be extra careful every time. But then, these kinds of incidents normally occur at the most unsuspecting moment. I can only blame myself for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sorry to hear this. But you can't blame yourself for someone else's abominable acts. Try not to ruminate too much on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Philip. I am feeling better actually. Merry Xmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...