Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Hour @ Pujut Bus Terminal

My colleagues love to go for "panggang". That's the Malay word for BBQ. They now frequent the Pujut Bus Terminal, where there are a number of stalls selling BBQ pork and drinks. Though I always listened to them raving about the visits there, I had never been there before.

The other day, C and I went there at about 5.30 p.m. ... and the stalls were already alive with lots of people. On most tables were plastic ice buckets, filled with bottles of beer. People were munching away the BBQ meats and indulging in icy cold beers .....

C and I went to the second stall ... I was not sure of its name, but the chairs were labelled SSJ.  

Iced cold drink .... 

You could pick the cut of meat that you liked from the tray ... and the vendors would heat them up over charcoal, and then cut it for you. There were also BBQ offal. I know that one of my colleagues was partial to the intestines. He called it "Perut Manis".

 Our platter of BBQ meat 

C picked the lean meats that day. Before we tucked in, we squeezed the lime over the meat. Dip the meat in the spicy chilli and soy sauce, and enjoy.

Well, I found the pork to be a bit bland ... no doubt smoky, but other than that, there wasn't much flavour. The chilli sauce was just spicy and salty, not really that shiok. I much preferred the meats at Smoke House; it's just that they are not selling there anymore. Not sure where they had moved to.

Anyway, 4 bottles of beer and a platter of pork cost us RM36.00.

3 comments:

  1. "shiok" means satisfying. lol. sorry about that. it's a manglish / singlish term

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks that's fine - all part of my education

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...