Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Goodies From The Sibu Night Market

The food at the hotel did not seem that appetising .... so my colleagues and I ventured out to the night market to buy some Sibu goodies.

The Sibu Night Market was just a stone's throw away .... and we enjoyed our short stroll there.

The night market .... 

There were lots of vendors peddling their wares .... from toys to watches ... from bags to clothes. But we were more interested in the edible stuff. There was a section selling Malay food .... and there were satay, grilled chicken, rice and dishes, and local cakes too. 

The Chinese vendors, on the other hand, sold steamed buns, shaomai, peanut pancake, braised and grilled pork ... and lots of other things. 

Pork head ... pork belly .... yums .... 

We walked up and down the, surveying what we wanted to buy ..... and I was extremely interested in sausages .... 

Grilled pork sausages
There was only 1 stall selling this .... they looked delicious, and I decided to buy one for RM10.00; The vendor then grilled the sausage a bit and sliced it up for me. 

Yums .... the sausages tasted firm, slightly smoky and was on the sweet side. I enjoyed them lots. 

I also bought steamed mini char siew buns .... 

The steamed buns were darn cheap, I thought. RM2.00 for 5 pieces!! 

Fluffy and fragrant pastry and wrapped with a bit of red char siew filling; Quite nice to eat! 

There was a stall selling stuffed deep-fried kompia ..... 

Deep-fried kompia stuffed with minced pork
I thought the meat tasted about overwhelming, quite heavy on the five-spice. But it made a nice snack anyway.

It was always fun to buy and share food. Back at the hotel, we each made a hot cup of coffee .... and ate together while chatting away .... :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...