Monday, December 2, 2013

Egg Cake

Egg Cake. In Mandarin, it is called 鸡蛋糕. The Foochows called Lung Ngor.  My friend texted me to say that there is a confectionery nearby which made one of the best Egg Cake in Sibu. Long queue every time, she texted.

Where, I texted back.

Behind New Capitol Restaurant, she texted back.

So early in the morning, I went around there .... and indeed I saw a bakery. It occupied a corner shoplot, adjacent to New Capitol Restaurant. Its name was Huong Hiong Confectionery.

I was there at 7.00 a.m.; and there were bags of Egg Cakes in a bag .... but the vendor told me that they had been booked. I was asked to return at 7.30 a.m. for a fresh batch.

So I did!

Freshly baked cakes!!

The Egg Cakes were sold at RM2.00 for 7 pieces.

An Egg Cake

The cake was rather soft, airy and bouncy in texture. Quite pleasant to the bite. Only that I found it a bit too sweet. All my friends loved them, especially when they were still hot!

Back in Miri, I told my colleague C about it .... and he disclosed that the confectionery is operated by his relative!!! The man in orange shirt is C's uncle, and the young boy is his nephew. OMG! What a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...