Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Homemade Chicken Pies

I was reorganising Mom's kitchen cabinet .... and found 3 cans of tinned food near expiring date. There was a can of corn kernels, a can of button mushrooms and also a can of cream.

Let's make chicken pies, I told Mom.

At first, Mom disagreed .... she did not like to make things that were not planned. But in the end, she relented after I volunteered to cook the filling for her.

And I did too. I cut up all the ingredients - garlic, onions, carrots, chicken, and cooked the filling, seasoning it with just cream, black pepper and salt.

Mom made the pastry and then made little pies in paper cups.

Homemade Chicken Pie

The result was quite yum! Mom, who was quite reluctant in the first place, was happy that the pies turned out quite fine. We gave some to Second Aunt .... and were glad that she liked them. :)) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...