Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dinner @ Sea Village Restaurant

AT picked me up from the airport, and we drove to Centrepoint for dinner.

"Wah .... so many people!" I exclaimed.

"This is Sea Village," AT said to me. It used to be at the Waterfront.

I'd never been there before, I said.

But actually I had. I just did not remember.

So it appeared that Sea Village had moved to Centrepoint 2 from their previous location at Waterfront, and business was so good! There were so many tables lining the courtyard, and they were all filled with customers!

We sat down and after a while, a lady came to take our orders. Hmn ..... she appeared restless .... kept rolling her eyes when she took our orders, as if willing herself to be patient as we made our decision about what to eat.

Anyway, AT and I ordered .....

Sea Cucumber Soup
The soup was thick and starchy, and was not salty enough for me; I had to flavour it with malt vinegar to bring out the flavour further; The sea cucumber bits weren't that much too ... but there were carrots strips and shiitake mushrooms in there.

Assam Curry Fish
The gravy was indeed very shiok - full-bodied curry and extra tangy flavour ..... yums .... I had my fill of the fish. 

Thai-style Midin
I did not like this dish at all .... as I thought the sauce was a poor combination of cheap chilli sauce ..... it tasted weird. AT thought it should be spicier .... 

Anyway, the price of the food here was rather reasonable, I thought, as the portion was quite generous. We paid RM40.00 for our meal, inclusive of rice and drinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...