Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pulut Panggang @ Lee Coffee Shop

A few weekends ago, the girls went to Lee Coffee Shop at Ban Hock Road for breakfast and chit chat, and one of the kueh that I was very impressed with was the pulut panggang. After I had it, I'd been thinking about it for a while ...

This morning, after I'd sent Mom to the market, I drove all the way to Ban Hock Road, just to buy some pulut panggang.


Pulut Panggang, RM1.50 each 

Each pulut panggang was quite large as they were wrapped using pandan leaves - the type people used to wrap rice dumplings or bak chang. Normally, pulut panggang is wrapped in banana leaves. 

 Inside the wrapping .... 


The pulut or glutinous rice was nicely cooked, not hard at all, though I could not detect the fragrance of coconut milk; I liked the generous filling though .... very savoury with a tinge of sweetness, aromatic with dried prawns and spices.

This kueh was very enjoyable to eat with a cup of hot coffee .....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...