Monday, February 16, 2015

Too Long To Wait

This is the one of the few times that the man and I went to Noodle Descendents at Jalan Padungan, but did not manage to eat the famous noodles. This time, we sat and waited for 45 minutes and had not even placed our orders as it was not our turn yet! So we finished our drinks and left.

"Don't want to wait?" the drinks auntie asked.

"We're rushing for time," I answered politely. Yeah .... 45 minutes and we'd not even ordered our food. I'd wait .... but the man wanted to be home by a certain time.

So we walked to the Song Kheng Hai Hawker Centre, and here, food was served really quickly.  

 Kacangma chicken in claypot

Hmn ... I did not like the kacangma which I felt was too oily. The kacangma herbs wasn't aromatic at all, and the wine tasted too diluted. 

Tomato kueh tiaw from stall no. 11

The kueh tiaw serving was reasonable, and the gravy tasted alright;  ingredients of vegetables, char siew and fish cake slices were minimal. The vendors there seemed so friendly, though, talking to the man at length ... about the weather and the impending CNY holidays ..... Lol.

Our lunch done, the man said that he would still want to eat at Noodle Descendents; and we sort of worked out a strategy so that we would not need to wait for so long. We'll test it out during our next visit. Lol.

By the way ..... I'm most disturbed by the spelling of the word "Descendents" because it's wrong! Shouldn't it be spelled "descendants"? And by the way again, the prices have increased, with a regular bowl of noodles now at RM4.50, and soups at RM6.00 and RM8.00.

Previous posts about Noodle Descendents here and here.

3 comments:

  1. Go to noodles descendant as early as six thirty. I can guarantee that you won't wait for long. I've tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that when it was in the old locality. Don't know what the new one opens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New one starts at 8 am .... but there are people waiting as early as 7.15 a.m. ..... I don't mind the wait if I have the time. It's part of the ritual of eating the noodles!! But my friend, unfortunately, was too impatient.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...