Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ekee (Sabah) 3 Flavours Bak Kut Teh

I think it's called 3 flavours Bak Kut Teh because there are 3 options available for the bak kut teh broth - Original, Herbal and Black Pepper. I chose to try the original version today. The man and I shared a bowl for 2 persons for RM16.50. We could customise our choice of meats .... and we had spare ribs, lean meat, pork belly, and pig stomach.

Our claypot Bak Kut Teh ... 

The broth was clear ... and did not taste very strongly of herbs. I did not find the soup particularly special of course. Then the meats were of reasonable portions ... and I had to eat all of the pig stomach because the man did not eat them. I'd say that the bak kut teh tasted alright. One could have unlimited re-fills for the broth though.

Rice was RM1.20 per bowl, and the vegetables stir-fry were RM5.00 ... in the end, not sure how much we paid, cause the man's friend DS decided to treat us. Yayy! Thanks DS.

Ekee Bak Kut Teh is located near the Kuching Park Hotel at Jalan Ang Cheng Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...