Saturday, May 9, 2015

Curry YTF @ Food Bazaar

Not knowing what to eat at the Food Bazaar, I decided to try the Yong Tau Foo. I hadn't much expectations because I knew that there is nothing close to a decent bowl of YTF available here in Kuching. 

I picked the items I wanted and then asked for curry gravy. 6.30 for 6 items + 1.50 for curry gravy = RM7.80 for my bowl.

My bowl of Yong Tau Foo

So in fact, I thought the curry gravy fared quite well - tasty and good consistency. I regretted not having some noodles in there to enjoy with the curry. Next time I must have some rice vermicelli to soak up all those gravy.

The sauces or dips, however, needed much improvement. Normally, YTF is served with a sweet sauce and a chilli sauce. Here, there are 4 types of sauces - chilli in light soy, ground chilli, sweet soy and sambal. Of the 4 sauces, I found the sambal sauce to be the best.

I always thought there was nothing much to eat at Food Bazaar. Well, food was aplenty, just that I did not find anything appealing to me. At least I could indulge in this curry YTF for a few times more before I get sick of it. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...