Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Family Brekkie @ Thompson Corner

My folks and I haven't gone out together for a while. So this morning, we thought we'd go grab something to eat before going grocery shopping. I wanted Mom and Dad to try the laksa at Sweetie Pie. We got there past 9.00 a.m., and the laksa had already sold out. So we went next door to Thompson Corner.

Dad wanted to eat roti canai .... but I ordered him a roti telur instead.

Roti telur, RM1.90

Dad did not comment on the roti telur, so I would assume that it was alrigh. 

Mom and I shared it a lui cha.

Lui cha, RM4.50

The herbal broth was dark green in colour. It looked menacing, and indeed tasted bitter. But it had a pleasant aftertaste of a certain herb. The soup was served hot, and I liked it. The white rice in the other bowl was topped with lots of chopped vegetables .... French beans, cangkuk manis, mustard greens, preerved radish, and lots of peanuts. Very textural and yummy. Both Mom and I enjoyed the lui cha.

I also ordered a chee cheung fun to share.

Chee Cheung Fun, RM6.00

This chee cheung fun had mixed a filling of prawn and char siew .... and this was not worth ordering. The pastry was soft instead of chewy, so it wasn't pleasant to the palate. The filling was meagre, and the soy sauce wasn't fragrant at all. Its saving grace was the little saucer of piquant sambal which came with it. At RM6.00, this was really expensive. 

Our tummies filled, we headed to EG Mall to shop for groceries ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...