Saturday, April 25, 2009

Why Did I Subject Myself to This?

What is the rationale?
Is it necessary?
Leadership by example?
I don't see it.
Please practise what you preach.

Animals take shelter.
For at that hour,
The sun reigns high.
All glorious and mighty
on its throne high up in the sky.
The clouds shy away
in fear or in humility.
Aren't I worthy enough for shelter?

I can't do it, I say quietly.
I can't do it, my heart screams.
Go, you say.
Go and listen to them.

I am not one
who defies authority.

Off I went.
Reluctantly.
Shoulders slumped.
Heart heavy.
Disappointed.
I didn't realise
just how insensible
some people may be.

The cruel sun bit me.
It lapped me up greedily.
Its arms wrapped around me.
Tears burned in my eyes.
Cheeks stung in pain.
Throat parched.
My head spun.

I did not comprehend.
Why was I going through this?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...