Thursday, July 1, 2010

Inspector Singh Investigates : The Singapore School Of Villiany


Never judge a book by its cover, though the cover was pretty nice. Anyway, I picked up this book at MPH Bookstore and realised that Shamini Flint is a Singaporean writer. I decided to give it a try.

The story is set in Singapore, and revolves around a group of highly-paid expat lawyers. One of them is murdered in the beginning of the story and the police sets out to find the murderer. Soon, readers find out that each lawyer harbours a secret, and may be directly involved in the crime.

The protagonist is Inspector Singh. He is not your typical policeman. He is, according to his superiors, "a disgrace" to the police force. Lol. He is overweight and he cannot fit into his uniform. He drinks and chain-smokes. Despite all this, he's invaluable as he's the best investigator on the force.

Well, as soon as I began reading, I could not put down the book as I was so eager to find out who was culprit. I shall not reveal it here. Do read the book for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...