Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ajisen Ramen

I had been wanting this outlet since it opened at Boulevard Commercial Centre. Today, I finally did it.

 Ajisen Ramen Spicy Cha-su Ramen, RM15.90

I had the Spicy Cha-Su Ramen, RM15.90. I thought it was really expensive. Luckily the ramen did not disappoint.

Anyway, the ramen noodles were light and springy, the beansprouts and kelp were crunchy and chewy, the minced pork was tasty, the soup umami and spiced with chilli. I liked the Char-Su best of all. Char-Su is basically thin slices of a rolled up pork belly. There were only 3 thinly sliced Char-Su in the ramen. I think I'd love to order more Char-Su if only it were available as a side dish.

What I did not like was the eating utensils. The spoon is a mini plastic ladle. It felt funny drinking soup from a mini ladle. Lol. Inelegant!! I also did not like the disposable chopsticks. If I were to eat here again, I would not hesitate to bring my own eating utensils. :)

My friend, S**** ordered the Beef Ramen.

Ajisen Ramen Beef Ramen, RM18.90

No complaints from S**** so I assumed that she liked the ramen too.

For our meal, we paid RM44.65 inclusive of drinks and 10% service charge. Rather expensive, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...