Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What Has Kept Me Going

Former students dropped by school today to get their documents certified. Well, now is the time for these post-SPM students to apply for scholarships and apply for higher education courses.

And they said to me :

J : Teacher, I miss your class.
I : Put the knife inside the stomach .... Hahahaha ....
J : The Oyster. Hahaha ....

And I was of course really touched. ;)

Those were details even I did not remember. And when they mentioned it today, I recall that I had made fun of the students' grammatical errors and reprimanded them for all the factual inaccuracies they committed when writing their personal response to The Pearl, that I christened what they'd written The Oyster. They had laughed about it then, and with the passing of time, etched those episodes into their memory.

Of course I understand that not all students like me. And I also do not wish to be "popular" among them. But I am indeed humbled that some of them had liked my lessons. Well, kids, I do miss teaching you too. I wish you will not grow up so quickly and leave school so soon, but I know it's just not possible.

I wish you all the very best in your future undertakings. May you get offered a course that you enjoy. ;))

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...