Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicken Rice @ Cafe Rosita

I joined my friends for lunch today at Cafe Rosita at Dynasty Hotel here in Miri. My friend A******* recommended the Chicken Rice, and I thought there was no harm trying.

A serving costs RM12.00. So what do diners get for RM12.00? I mean, one can easily get chicken rice for RM3.50 at the coffee shops around the city.

So after waiting for around 20 minutes, my highly anticipated chicken rice finally arrived. By the way, I do think that it was a rather long wait. At any coffee shops outside, an order of chicken rice would be served quite promptly. Why? Cause everything is pre-cooked and the vendor would just have to scoop up some rice and condiments, chop up the chicken and cucumbers and then serve!

Anyway, back to the chicken rice at Cafe Rosita.

The rice - lightly flavoured, not too oily nor too salty,
garnished with cucumber and tomato slices

Steamed Chicken
It was a whole large drum, served on a bed of cucumber slices,
and a sesame-soy sauce.
The bones were removed so it made it easier to eat.

The soup
It was Dongcai soup with lots of chopped spring onions.
Good thing it was served boiling hot.


The condiments consisted of ground chilli, ground ginger, and soy sauce.
You could ask for extra if you want.

Well, I would say that the chicken rice at Cafe Rosita is commendable. But why would anyone choose to eat chicken rice here and pay 3 times the price of that at a coffee shop? Well, for one thing, the ambience here is so much better. It is quiet and it made it so much easier to chat over lunch. It is air-conditioned, and you could tuck into your food in comfort. But most of all, you could appear to be glam for choosing to have your hawker's fare at a posh cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...