Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lunch @ Sajian Warisan

I met up with a group of former students today for lunch ....it's been a while since I saw them all together at one time like this. They are all now at university, doing their third and final years. It's great that they remembered their old teacher to want to invite her for lunch ...

I'd never been to Sajian Warisan before. As soon as I sat down, a young man came with a menu ... and when I saw him, I was taken aback because he too, was a former student. He'd just finished Form 5. Lol ... it looked like I was surrounded by students ....

Anyway ... I felt that the recipe was rather limited .... there were only a few types of rice, such as Nasi Lemak, Nasi Goreng, Nasi Ulam, Nasi Briyani and plain old white rice. With the exception of plain white rice, one could eat the rice on its own .... The meats were sold separately, and there was an extensive selection ...

Some of the kids wanted to eat ... while some had already eaten and would just settle for a drink .... so some of what we had ....

Nasi goreng 

Nasi lemak 

I had plain white rice with a Thai sauce chicken .... 

Plain white rice, RM3.00 
It was very expensive, if you asked me ..

Fried chicken with a sweet, tangy and fragrant ginger flower sauce... and garnished with crunchy cucumbers and carrots; the combination was quite nice. I forgot how much the chicken dish was .... 

Over the meal, the kids told me of their adventures and misadventures in their respective universities ... it was really fun to listen to their stories .... and it made me feel so young to mingle with these young people. I'm so proud of what they've achieved thus far.

Sigh, time really flies ..... I vividly remembered a time when they came and told me that they were going off to universities and how one person ranted about the course she was offered and shared with me her dilemma .... fast forward and it had been three years and many will be graduating in the middle of this year. I wish them all the best in their final semester .... and of course in their hunt for employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...