Monday, June 21, 2010

Soft Talk Peanut Butter Bun

I was at Kuching International Airport the other day, and being early, I browsed at the few shops in the departure hall. At the front of the shop, there was this metal rack filled up with individually wrapped buns and muffins in attractive packaging. For a while I thought Gardenia was finally making its way into the shores of Sarawak.

But upon scrutiny, I discovered that these were buns manufactured locally by a company named Soft Talk Bakery Sdn. Bhd. Curious about how these buns would taste, I bought one with the words "Peanut Butter" on the packaging. It cost RM0.80.

Align CenterSoft Talk Peanut Butter Bun

Well, I must say that the bread was quite fresh, the texture was fluffy. The bun was slit lenghwise and spreaded with a layer peanut cream. The peanut cream was also not too sweet.

Peanut cream filling

There were many flavours to choose from, among those that I remember are blueberry, sweet corn, red bean, and chocolate. No harm giving the rest of the flavours a try the next time I can get my hands on the buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...