Sunday, August 8, 2010

Quickie Omelette for Emergency Lunch

It was already 2.00 p.m. I was hungry, but was lazy to go out to buy food. It was a hot day, and I did not feel like going out. However, there was nothing in the fridge to cook. I had only sausages, eggs in there. I opened the vegetable box, and found only fruits, lettuce and chillies. In my larder, I had rice, instant noodles and canned food. And so I decided to have porridge for lunch.

I decided to boil myself some porridge to go with those canned pickled lettuce and canned fish in black beans which had been sitting in the larder for so long. Then I remembered a quickie omelette that I liked.

First I chopped up some onions and chillies. Then I washed and diced the sausages into bite-sized pieces. Then, I heated the pan to brown the sausages. I dished the browned sausages and sauted the onions and chillies in the same pan. When they softened, I put back the sausages into pan and added in a beaten egg. When they cooked, all I seasoned the omelette with a dash of pepper.

My quickie omelette cooking in the pan ...

Sweet & pungent onions with the savoury sausages and eggs
The chillies gave the omelette a bit of zing


Emergency Lunch

The piping hot porridge was yummy enough to be eaten with anything, and I was just glad to fill up my tummy without having to go out of the house on a hot, hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...