Sunday, May 8, 2011

In My Radar : SSH & KTH

Hallyuwood is never short of good-looking actors. I do always wonder how they manage to look so hot!! And recently, after having watched MBC's My Princess, South Korean actor Song Seung Heon has totally won me over!!

Hmn. I remember watching him years back when he was the leading actor in Autumn in My Heart. Yeah, I remember him being handsome, but there wasn't much about him to be crazy about otherwise. Perhaps the story of Autumn In My Heart was just too tragic and hence, I shut everything out from my mind.

Since Autumn in My Heart, Song Seung Heon's been acting mainly in movies, but his acting skills did not really receive much praises. I read a translation in the Chosun Ilbo that he does not bring enough depth into the characters he portrays. Well, you can read the translation here.

~ Pic from Soompi forums ~

Recently, however, he received mixed criticisms for his performance in My Princess. For me though, he did a great job with his character, Park Hae Young. I loved the myriad of expressions he portrayed - amusement, exasperation, arrogance, etc. Looks wise, Song Seung Heon would not be lacking. He wears his designer suits with style!! Of course, he's got a really hot body - six packs and all. It would be fair to say that Song Seung Heon has females swooning all over. I also loved his bickering with the lead actress, the beautiful Kim Tae Hee, which was super CUTE and fun to watch.

Song Seung Heon & Kim Tae Hee in My Princess
~ Pic from imbc.com ~


Likewise, I first encountered Kim Tae Hee in Love Story in Harvard. But it was another tragic story which I felt was really burdensome to watch. Hence, Kim Tae Hee, though very pretty, did not impress on me much too. In My Princess, she was totally goofy, bubbly, cute and so very lovable. She wore pretty dresses but I think what stood out the most was her beautiful hairbands which are now popular accessories in South Korea.

Well, My Princess despite its plot loopholes is a success with South Korean viewers, and it has sufficiently kept me entertained. I hadn't enjoyed myself watching K-drama since the 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (my all-time favourite!!).

Hence, Song Seung Heon and his female lead, Kim Tae Hee would be another two South Korean actors I will keep in my radar.

1 comment:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...