Monday, May 30, 2011

Pasta Zanmai

It was my first time at Pasta Zanmai to try the Japanese take to the Italian pasta. We ordered 2 set meals, which consists of 2 mini dishes in each set. Each set costs RM23.00.

Mini Hotate Pizza
Hotate is scallop but to be honest, I doubt there was any scallop topping my pizza. There seemed to be more mushrooms and other unidentifiable stuff on it. Lol. The crust was thin and crispy, for which I liked.

Mini Teriyaki Chicken Pasta
I'm not so fond of this as I thought it tasted pretty ordinary. Served together with the pasta was an onsen tamago or a hot spring egg, basically a soft boiled egg. Hmn. I liked the egg though.

Mini Ebi Tempura no Gomadare Pasta
Gomadare is a sesame sauce usually used as a dipping sauce for Japanese steamboats. But here, the pasta is served in the Gomadare sauce and then topped with ebi tempura. The sauce is nutty and savoury, and I quite liked the way this thick sauce coated the pasta, it made each slurp really satisfying. ;p

Mini Unagi Onsen Tamago Rice
The portion of unagi was reasonably large. Again, I liked the onsen tamago that came with the rice. The rice was served with miso soup.

Miso Soup

Well, I guess of all the four dishes I tried, I liked the Ebi Tempura Gomadare pasta the most! I wouldn't mind eating it again ;p.

2 set meals with a jar of iced green tea and 10% service charge and taxes came to RM56.85.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...