Friday, December 12, 2014

Evan's Full Moon

My cousin H's newborn son, Evan, is a month old today .... and in celebration, he gifted us with kacangma chicken, red eggs and angku kueh. It's customary to gift red eggs and angku kueh in celebration of the baby's first month.

And in Sarawak, I think it's also customary to gift kacangma chicken. Not sure why though, perhaps it's because the kacangma itself is associated with post-natal recovery for the new mother ... and therefore it's associated with the newborn baby himself .... hmn ....

Yummy kacangma chicken, red eggs and angku kueh

Today's kacangma chicken was cooked by my Second Aunt. Nothing beats homecooked kacangma which is stewed generously with lots of kacangma herbs and sweet glutinous wine. It was really yum to eat with rice. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...