Saturday, December 27, 2014

Post Massage Trauma

My friend, D gave me a real scare.

What happened was I booked him for an hour's massage like he asked me to. I do "strong massage," the Thai lady told me when I dropped by that morning. So fine, I booked her for a 6.30 p.m. session, like D requested.

At 6.20 p.m., we went to the massage centre. I had intended to get myself massaged as well, but there was only one Thai lady at the centre,  and I conceded her to D as D had a back ache which needed relieving. I was merely going for it to relax and feel good. All the Indonesian masseuses were unavailable, and I was not keen on the Chinese masseuses, so I sat there waiting for D for an hour.

It wasn't long to wait. It took only a couple of rounds of Candy Crush .... and D appeared. We paid and left ..... He spoke ok, but actually he was not ok.  D seemed dazed. He was feeling all nauseous and lousy and could not even eat his dinner. In fact, he looked so sickly that I was worried.

Dinner that D could not eat at Premier 101

I had hoped that he would get better with the night's rest, but no. The next day, he even had diarrhoea. He went to work even though he was not fit to work. So during lunch time, when he could not stomach even the porridge on the table,  DS and I urged him to take the afternoon off and pay a visit to the doctor's. Doctor merely said that he was having a slight fever and gastritis. Though the diagnosis seemed mild, D's condition did not seem so optimistic to me. D claimed that he was dramatic .... hmn well ....

Day 3 .... D was still visiting the loo at 3 hourly intervals despite Doctor's medication ...

Day 4 ... he claimed he was much better already .... hmn ....

This was like a massage horror story. We vowed never to go back to that centre, and we would be more careful with the masseuses we engage, and we would resist if they exert too much presure on us.


2 comments:

  1. my mum had one done on her shoulders and the masseur almost dislocated her Arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend D and I had been going regularly to massage centres around town .... but this was the first time that such thing happened. The masseuses ..... hmn ... not sure how many of them are properly trained and qualified.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...