Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Day 6 - Journey to France

We got ready and went outside the hotel compound to take photographs ....

Movenpick Hotel

Lovely lavender bushes outside the hotel

Lovely landscaping actually

Today's breakfast was just slightly better than the day before's. We still had the whole lot of unappetising stuff like we did the day before. But at least, that morning, we had sausages and ham and also Mama cup noodles. The cup noodles were courtesy from the tour manager and she made sure we knew. Heh. 

Breakfast

There was absolutely no programme that day .... we left Switzerland at 8.00 a.m. and reached Orly, France, by 6.30 p.m. An entire day was spent on the bus.

Meanwhile, we stopped 3 times along the way .... 

At one of the toilet stops ...... we saw these very interesting vehicles on display ...

At another stop, my friend Y bought this beautiful tart ...

We stopped at this little town in France called Beaune - which is the centre of the Burgundy wine-making industry in France. But nope, we did not visit vineyards. We made a stop merely for lunch at a Chinese buffet restaurant, at our own expense. The all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet cost 15.00 per pax. I decided to go for it. The name of the restaurant was Lotus de Beaune. Thankfully, the food was good! I did not feel like my 15.00 was not worth it. 

Round 1 : salad, sushi, deep-fried prawn and calamari, chicken satay
All the food items were delicious!

Round 2 : fried rice, salad, beef stirfry, deepfried scallop cake, buttered prawns

For the third round, I basically went back for the stuff that I liked .... such as the fried rice and satay and other stuff. 

Ice-cream, fruits and pudding for dessert

Our hotel room at Mercure Orly Paris

I enjoyed my stay here for 2 nights

I skipped dinner that night as I was still full from lunch. After they showered, my friends came to my room to hang out and gossip .... kekeke .... 




2 comments:

  1. Hello, do you mind to tell me which travel agent did you use? Been wanting to bring my parents to go for a holiday for a long time but don't know which is a good one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Golden Destination. The whole trip was quite pleasant - food, transportation and hotel. Plus the tour guide was very experienced.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...