Thursday, June 21, 2018

Day 1 : KCH - KUL - AMS

It was fun to travel together as a group - there were 6 of us travelling together, and 5 members from our former colleague W's family. So that made 11 of us from Kuching. We went by Airasia to Kuala Lumpur, had lunch at Quizinn Food Court after we landed.

My platter, RM10.60
I liked the sambal, the vegetables were alright, but that piece of fried chicken made my throat feel uncomfortable; had to take some lozenges after that. It must have been the dirty oil they cooked the chicken in. 

We had lots of time to kill .... so we went to Mitsui Outlet Park. There we could deposit our luggage at the baggage storage area so we did not have to lug our bags around at all times. We did not buy anything though. We merely spent time browsing around the shops. Not sure if it was me or the weather or the air-conditioner or the fact that the mall was overcrowded, but it felt hot and stuffy in there. Very soon, I gave up walking and opted to sit and wait for my friends at the food court.

We had dinner there at the food court - I was undecided about what to eat .... and finally opted to have Yuen Yong Noodles. Forgot to take a photo of it ... but well .... it was meh, pretty forgettable.

After dinner, we headed back to KLIA. We met with our tour manager ... a bubbly 70-year old lady named Parries. She gave each of us our itinerary, and then managed our checking in, which went on really smoothly. Maybe because we were the first passengers to check in. As soon as we were done, we proceeded to the departure gate at the satellite building. Our KLM flight to Amsterdam was scheduled at 11.20 p.m. The flight duration took more than 13 hours .... thankfully I got an aisle seat, and the flight experience hadn't been too bad. 

Good Night Pack for our night flight 
It comprised of a wet towel, an eye cover, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a packet of almonds, a bottle of water, and an earphone ..... 

2 hours into the flight, it was dinner time. Everyone got the same meal ....

My tray ..  

 That's the chicken and rice meal ... 

Of all the items on the tray, I liked the salad, the bread roll, and a little cube of cheese in the box. Because it was already so late at night, I wasn't in much mood to enjoy the meal. I just couldn't wait to sleep. And thankfully, I did mange to sleep on and off. 

2 comments:

  1. Wah.. another travel blog. I like that you grab the opportunity to travel whenever you can. Live life to the full, enjoy while you can. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonsey, well ... I write so that I will remember the places I went to. Since I spent so much money travelling ... I'd better treasure those memories!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...