Monday, March 15, 2010

Gardenia Butterscotch Bread

The package says "Full flavoured butterscotch that leaves you craving for more". It also said "Really, Really, Really Good!!!"

I had heard my friends back in Miri saying that the Gardenia Butterscotch bread is really yum, good enough to eat on its own. Every time someone went to KL, we wanted to ask them to buy us a loaf or two. Somehow, it never came to pass. Our messengers either forgot to buy, or they did not bother, or they could not find this particular variety on the supermarket shelves. And every time I am in KL, my stomach is always so full that I do not feel like eating bread.

Gardenia Butterscotch bread packaging

Today, however, I was at Jusco, and I thought I would just buy a loaf to try. And I'm glad I did. It was soft, light and fluffy, slightly sweet and buttery. I ate 2 slices this afternoon, even though I was not hungry. ;))

A slice of bread spotted with butterscotch

Bro also tried it for the first time. He liked it and said it was as nice as Jusco's Gion bread, which was a whopping RM18.00 a loaf. The Gardenia Butterscotch Bread was only RM4.00 a loaf.

Well, I do think that this bread is good, as it claimed to be on its packaging. I also understand that it runs out faster than any of the other bread. No wonder it is difficult to find it on the supermarket shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...