Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pulau Ketam Yong Tau Foo

One of the things I always like to eat in KL is the Yong Tau Foo. Today, at The Gardens Food Court, I had assorted stuffed beancurd and vegetables from the Pulau Ketam Yong Tau Foo stall. This stall seems quite popular with shoppers and office workers alike.

One time, when I was there at a lunch hour, the waiting line was really long as people queued up for hot plates or bowls of Yong Tau Foo. I had eaten here a few times already, and I do like the Yong Tau Foo here.

The past month, I had been craving for Yong Tau Foo. We do not get Yong Tau Food like this in Miri. So today, by hook or by crook, I had to satisfy my craving ;p.

Three choices are available here. There is Yong Tau Foo is sweet sauce, Yong Tau Foo in clear soup, or Yong Tau Foo in curry gravy.

We ordered Yong Tau Foo in sweet sauce,

In sweet sauce and sprinkled with lots of toasted sesame seeds

and one in curry gravy.

In curry gravy

It was funny that I did not like the curry gravy much this time around. I was crazy about it on my last trip ;)). Not that it wasn't nice or anything. Bro and siltb preferred the Yong Tau Foo in sauce. And it seemed nicer too, as the sweet sauce brought out the flavour of the stuffed tofu and vegetables.

And so I went back to the counter to asked for sweet sauce for dipping purposes. The stall, however, was rather stingy with their sauces. The woman gave it to me, albeit reluctantly. Even then, it's just a miserly spoonful. Hardly enough to dunk all my Yong Tau Foo in it ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...