Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lots of Food at Hutong Lot 10

2 days ago, I was at Lot 10 Shopping Mall. So I had lunch at Hutong Food Court. It has got to be the only non-halal food court in Malaysia. The place is pretty stylish too!

It was my first time there, and it seemed like there was so much to try. I wanted to try everything! Bro recommended the Soong Kee beef noodles, but it was too bad that I did not feel like having beef on that day.

I walked around so many times down the alleyways. However, I found them to be quite narrow. With shopping bags in hand, I kept bumping into tables or chairs ;p. Perhaps I only had eyes on the menu!!

I finally settled on the Char Siew Wanton Noodles. There were strips and strips of juicy char siew hanging at the stall, and those really tempted me.

Famous Ho Weng Kee wanton noodles

Ho Weng Kee was a famous joint, but not being local, it was my first time eating it. The serving was reasonable. The noodles were sweet and savoury at the same time, the char siew was tender, and the wanton had substance. Eat your noodles with the crunchy pickled green chilli and experience a burst of flavours.

Bro ordered the Mor Sang Kor Bak Kut Teh. You could have different cuts of meat in the Bak Kut Teh. Bro had spare ribs Bak Kut Teh. I tried a bit of the broth, and found it to be yum.

A Bak Kut Teh set

Siltb ordered the minced pork noodles and a meat ball soup. The noodles are more savoury, compared to the wanton noodles, the pork bits fragrant and flavourful. The soup was not too salty, and the meat ball was chewy.

Minced pork noodles

Pork ball soup

I really liked this yam flavoured snow ice from Ice Room. Now, I did not fancy yam ice-cream, and yet this ice concoction was smooth and creamy, with a hint of yam flavour infused in it. One spoonful left me craving for more! Really wish I could eat it at this very moment!

Yam flavoured snow ice

I would really have to go back to Hutong to try the beef noodles and the porridge. Can't wait, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...