Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tofu I Like

The best item for tonight's dinner would be this tofu.

Now, I don't like tofu, but this one I like lots!!

Under the dim lighting, the tofu looked dark, almost black. I thought it was stinky tofu, at first. Upon scrutinising it however, I realised that it was not black, but rather a shade of golden brown. It looked suspiciously like deep-fried Tau Kwa, though.


Take a bite, and you would love the smooth, custard-like texture of the tofu inside. It tasted of egg and an unknown green vegetable. Some said it's seaweed.


Deep-frying these tofu squares made it really tasty. Yum.

To sample this dish, head to Peking Restaurant or sometimes spelt as Pekin Restaurant @ Jalan Baldu 5, Johor Bahru.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...