Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen

I had lunch at Popeye's today, the branch at Mid Valley City. It's my first time eating here and I ordered a Chicken Combo. It consisted of 2 pieces of chicken, 2 side dishes, a biscuit, sachet of strawberry jam and a soft drink. It cost me RM10.85, inclusive of taxes.

2 pieces of chicken and a biscuit

I specifically told the girl who took my order that I did not want breast meat. Obviously, my request fell on deaf ears. I would have made a fuss, except that I was not in the mood to be difficult. I always think that if they cannot meet my request, they should tell me so. Choosing to ignore a request is just annoying.

Well, I thought the chicken tasted ordinary - no doubt it was crispy on the outside, but the marinade/seasoning for the chicken seemed plain. I liked the biscuit though. It was crumbly, sweet and buttery. Yum.

Side dishes

I had the Mashed potatoes with Cajun gravy, and Coleslaw, which were both alright.

Overall, Popeye's seems like any ordinary fast food outlet; I'm not impressed, and I can't say that I would want to go back for its fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...