Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Desserts @ Hui Lau Shan

Hey ... this outlet has my surname! Lols. Hui Lau Shan in Cantonese. Xu Liu Shan in Mandarin. This desserts shop hailed from Hong Kong, and has many outlets across the Klang Valley. It serves pricey but healthy desserts, mainly consisting of mango.

Hui Lau Shan

The opportunity arose for us to try out the desserts, when we strolled about Cheras Leisure Mall and came across an outlet there. We ordered only 3 items to share, but I must say that I was very impressed with the presentation of the food. Everything looked so pretty.

1) Fresh Fruitties Mango with Coconut Noodle - There were 2 items in this set.


Fresh fruits in a bowl. Don't you think they look too pretty to eat? There were rock melon, honey dew melon, watermelon balls, slivers of fresh mango, strawberries and kiwi fruit. All tasted fresh. But the sweet mangoes stood out among all the fruits.

Coconut noodle on one side, and mango puree on the other.
I enjoyed the slippery and smooth coconut-flavoured noodle - not sure what they are made of , but they tasted good. Even on its own. I did not like to "pollute" the flavours with the mango puree on the other side.

2) Mango Romance - This set was made up of 3 small bowls of mango dessert.

Here was mango puree, mango dices, and little glutinous rice balls. 

Mango mochi and slivers of fresh mango
I enjoyed the orange-coloured mochi skin which was springy and chewy, and coated with fresh grated coconut. Inside the mochi was a cube of fresh mango. Quite an interesting variation of the usual mochi.  

Mango sorbet, with mango dices on a bed of mysterious, springy and chewy jelly. Not sure what it was, but this was my favourite dessert among all that I've tried. The sorbet was yum with the accompaniments. 

3) Aloe Vera & Crystal Jade Jelly with Watermelon


No offense, but I dislike watermelon ...... 

Well, if mango is your favourite fruit, then you should not miss Hui Lau Shan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...