Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thye Hong Prawn Noodles

I found the Prawn Noodle Stir-fry at Thye Hong @ Food Republic, Pavillion to be fantastic!

Prawn Noodles Stirfry

I loved everything on the plate. Transparent thick rice vermicelli was used, and it was smooth, slippery and springy. I liked the texture. The consistency of the gravy was good - not too diluted and not overly starchy. It had a robust, full-bodied prawn flavour, and yet it was not overpowering. I suppose this would be the result of using good quality broth. The prawns were reasonably firesh. The crunchy beansprouts accompanied the noodles perfectly, but to me, what added to the unique flavour of the whole dish was the chives. It added a welcoming sort of pungency to the noodles. The eggs were stir-fried beautifully to combine with the noodles and sure smelled very fragrant. Before you dig in .... squeeze in the lime to bring a slightly tangy flavour to the whole dish. It was real yum ... so much so that I ignored the chilli sauce that came on the plate. Highly recommended, RM9.00 for a small plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...