Monday, August 24, 2009

Kolo Mee @ Noodle Experts

Noodle Experts is a newly-opened coffee shop at Kenyalang Park Commercial Centre.


The noodle stall is operated by Ah Ming. He used to sell at the corner coffee shop in the opposite block. Ah Ming has been selling noodles for as long as I remember. The signboard said "Since 1983". That means Ah Ming has been selling for 26 years. Wow.

This morning, dad and I went there for breakfast. Dad ordered the regular kolo mee.

Regular kolo mee

Ah Ming's regular kolo mee is topped with char siew, minced pork, and chopped spring onions. He also puts some bok choy. This regular kolo mee is RM3.00.

I ordered the kolo mee special.

Kolo Mee Special

The kolo mee special does not have char siew and minced pork. Instead, it came with fresh seafood. On top of my noodles are 2 pieces of prawn, fish and pork slices, meat balls, a fish ball, bok choy, and spring onions.

Well, for me, the mark of a good bowl of kolo mee is that the noodle must be good enough to eat on its own, and Ah Ming's noodles are moist and Q and fragrant - simply yummilicious. Ah Ming's kolo mee special costs RM4.50.

Ah Ming's business is very brisk, and I had to wait for at least 15 minutes for my noodles. A must-try, if you happen to be near the Kenyalang Park Commercial Centre area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...