Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Drowned In Watching Dramas

I enjoyed watching Crime Busters x 2 叮当神探 . I liked Dawn Yeoh and Tay Ping Hui in the drama. Xia Jingyi and Lu Daxiong were obviously both attracted to each other in a very endearing way. They were a cute and funny couple. I liked Tay Ping Hui's comic expressions. Hilarious, indeed.

(Pic Source : http://8.mediacorptv.sg)

After Crime Busters x 2, I'd watch The Dream Catchers 未来不是梦. Dream Catchers was also quite entertaining. I really liked Elvin Ng's character in this drama. I think Sato is every girl's dream guy. He's just so sweet. I especially loved the ending, when Sato was seated in the plane, waiting for Jiaqi to join him. He fully expected to return to Japan alone. What joy he experienced when Jiaqi chose to go back to Japan together with him.

I also liked Dawn Yeoh and Nat Ho in The Dream Catchers. They were cute together.

(Pic source : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Peak)

Last weekend, I watched The Peak 最高点. I'd been wanting to watch it because I liked both Qi Yuwu and Dawn Yeoh. Plus, Elvin Ng was also in it. I thought it'd be great to watch them together in a drama.

However, in The Peak, I found Dawn Yeoh's character, Chai Zhenya, pretty annoying. At first, I really liked her. But as the show progresses, I found her to be more and more tiring to watch. She's supposed to be fiesty and vivacious. But I found her loud, and childish, and nosey, and totally unprofessional.

How can she meddle into the personal affairs of her superior? How can she scream and shout at her boss like a spoilt brat who wouldn't take no for an answer? Come to think of it, she screams her head off at everybody! And her voice was so sharp that it stung my ears for most part of the show.

No doubt she started to develop feelings for her boss, Fang Hong'an. It was purely one-sided. I think it's more of a BIG infatuation, rather than true love. I think she was just in love with the idea that he was so faithful to love.

Moreover, Zhenya always jumped to conclusions and falsely accused people. If I were Hong'an, I'd slap her in the face. Would I let a junior staff accuse me of being a coward? Nah, Zhenya was so full of herself that she needed to be shaken up like milkshake!

Qi Yuwu, in contrast, was great for the most part of the show. He was charming and incorrigible. With Zhenya, however, Chen Tianjun experienced the pain of unrequited love. He really got a taste of his own medicine. I really liked his character. But he was not so nice to watch after Xiaoyang's accident. He was ridden with guilt and appeared glum throughout.

Jeanette Aw's Zhong Xiaoyang did not have much chemistry with Chen Tianjun in this drama. That's why at the end of the drama, when he told her that he loved her and wanted to marry her, it was unconvincing. I thought Tianjun and Zhenyu had more chemistry together. They would have made a cutesy couple.

Elvin Ng's Cai Zhihang was a sweet as ever!! If I were Xiaoyang, I'd choose Zhihang over Tianjun in a jiffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...