Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hazy Day

What a hazy day. Miri doesn't seem to be a good place to stay in at this very moment.

The acrid smell of smoke tickles my nose, making me feel totally uncomfortable. The air is humid and it is really warm.

As I stepped out of the front door this morning, I was enveloped in haze. Great! Again? Haze has been occurring more often than it should.

I could hardly see past 100 metres when I drove to school. I turned on the headlights, in case other people could not see me.

We carried out our school activities as per normal. Students and teachers alike were out in the open, our lungs absorbing dirty particles in the air.

In my class, half of the students did not come to school. One student is quarantined because she showed symptoms of H1N1. I don't know what happened to the rest.

Hmn. Is the world really sick now? The earth is sick. Its people are sick. But does anyone really care?

2 of my students mentioned in a writing exercise this morning that they liked my subject because they liked the teacher, who was of course, yours truly ;) . They really made my day, despite the bad weather.

Script 1

Script 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...