Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wisma Hopoh Canteen : Char Siew Pau

It's been a while since I ate at the Wisma Hopoh canteen at Jalan Jee Foh, Miri. There are a few things I like to eat there, one being the Kueh Chap.

Today, I made a quick stopover on my way to school to buy Char Siew Pau from the dim sum vendor.

Char Siew Pau

There aren't many paus that I like in Miri. Maybe I haven't discovered where the yummy paus are yet. So far, whenever I feel like eating paus, I will either head to Sau Pau Bakery or the Wisma Hopoh Canteen.

Well, is it me or does the pau look bigger today? I don't remember it being quite as big as today. Anyway, the char siew pau here costs RM1.50 each.

If you like pau skin with a crumbly texture like I do, the pau here is for you. The filling is sweet and moist, and goes with the skin perfectly. If you are not akin to the taste of spices, then I would not recommend this pau, as it is quite robust in flavour. I cannot be sure what spice it is, but it should be something similar to 5-spice powder.

All in all, one of the better-tasting paus here in Miri. Do give it a try.

... Yum ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...