Sunday, February 12, 2012

Star Lunches

I can only go out for lunch on Fridays. So over at Morsjaya is a corner cafe called "Star". In Mandarin, it's 星星小食. Well, I like the economy rice or the chap fan there.

I always go there with my Tupperware Crystal Wave container, and the girls there remember me after the third week.

"Hi, teacher!" a former student called out to me when I was at the shop one time. He was buying rice and bantering with the girls there. It looked like he was familiar with them. Why not? I found out that he worked nearby and often frequented the shop for meals.

Thereafter, the girls were generous in their serving too. I think they give me quite large portions every time.

Lunch 1

Lunch 2

Lunch 3

Lunch 4

The food suit my taste, be it the veges or the meats. The veges are never overcooked - always green and crunchy. And they used a variety of ingredients for flavouring, i.e. minced pork, dried prawns and so on. The meats, on the other hand, are always full of flavour. So I guess I'll be buying from Star till I get bored of their dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...