Monday, February 6, 2012

My Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet

Second Aunt said carrying my LV Zippy Wallet back to Kuching for me, made her rather anxious. She put the whole thing into her tote and then kept it close to her side at all times. Poor Second Aunt. Lol.

One day before they helped me purchase the wallet, my cousin and Second Aunt went to the LV Island Maison at Marina Bay Sands to help me check out the price. Second Aunt told me that she was very impressed with the size of the store there.

After I had made my decision, my cousin and Second Aunt went to LV Ion Orchard the next day to help me buy. She said that people queued up to go into the store. Not only that, people queued up to buy. Wow!

Really, as soon as I opened it, the wallet took my breath away. It screamed GOOD QUALITY. It looked expensive. It looked elegant. It was very solid. It was very beautiful. I held it to my chest and jumped up and down. My parents thought I was nuts. Lol.

My very own Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet

I guess I had never expected the wallet to look so glam. After all it wasn't every day that I got to see the real thing. Sure, I had seen it on the Internet and in magazines. But pictures did not really exude the elegance that came with the wallet.

Moreover, what I was also so familiar with the many faux pieces selling at retail outlets. Those looked insubstantial, but in my mind, I had expected my wallet to look something akin to those. So, when I saw for the first time the genuine piece, it really knocked my socks off.

I am convinced that I had made the right decision in choosing this wallet, over so many others. Reviews by users said that this is a very functional wallet. Lots of things can go into the many compartments in there, including a passport and an iPhone. Compared to the Sarah Wallet, the Zippy is more durable as it has got less cracking issues on the edges. By the way, I'd almost gotten the Sarah Wallet 2 years ago in KL.

The Sarah Wallet is the same size as the Zippy, but instead of an all-round zip (duh!), it's got a snapped flapped closure. As I was looking at it, however, I felt that the flap looked slanting. It was indeed slanting because of the slider of the zippered pocket inside. I immediately put my purchase on hold.

Well, I'd never ever bought myself expensive wallets before this. I'd never owned a Bonia nor a Sembonia nor a Carlo Rino, not even an Esprit. But here I am, buying a Louis Vuitton. Some people think I'm crazy. But to me, the Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet in the signature monogram canvas is a classic piece of leatherware, one which I am going to enjoy using for many years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I really love reading about your Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet story ;) super exciting! I want to get one too next July during my Singapore trip. As you have already celebrated your 1st year anniversary with that gorgeous wallet, could you please hit me back with an update on it?
    Thank you so much! xo, deb

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...