Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Braised Tofu & Mock Chicken

At school, our schedules are fixed, and it happens that this year I constantly have lunch with my colleague, T**. She's a Buddhist vegetarian.

So while the rest of us ate what's served in the canteen, T** came with her thermal pot filled with her vegetarian dishes. Today's menu was Braised Tofu with Mock Chicken. She even garnished the dish with a few stalks of basil. We were all amazed at the effort she put into preparing her lunch.

Braised Tofu With Mock Chicken

Lol. Everyone had a taste and found the dish pleasantly tasty. We wondered where she found time to cook at all. T** disclosed that it was very easy to prepare as all she had to do was to stew the mock chicken with the tofu with soy sauce and a bit of sugar. That was it? That easy? We were all dumbfounded, but inspired. We made up our minds to try cook it at home.

Talking about trying our hands at vegetarian cooking, I got T** to help me buy kelp. I want to have a go at making kelp salad. But erm, I'm not sure when I will have the time.

Dried kelp, only RM2.00

Rest assured, I'll share it here when it comes to pass. Soon, hopefully. ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...