Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mr. R's Retirement Luncheon

A few of us decided to get together to celebrate Mr. R's retirement by treating him to lunch. Mr. R said he had never eaten at Hai Tian Lou, and so I decided that there was where we should eat. I rounded up a S, Mr. W and Ms. M ..... and we headed there after school. These were what we had ....

Spinach noodles, RM12.00
This is the signature noodles here, and I ordered it for my colleagues to try. The texture of the noodles is springy and the sauce was great. The seafood was fresh too ... so it made a great dish to start with.

Thai-style Midin, RM15.00
Braised peanuts, RM3.00
Today's midin was a huge portion .... and the blend of sauces was refreshingly good today too. 

Bittergourd with salted egg, RM15.00
The taste of the salted egg was very prominent, and the bittergourd was stir-fried just right. Good.

Beancurd with salted fish and meat, RM10.00
This was more ordinary .... but the taste was good. 

Fried venison with shredded ginger, RM30.00
I love the tender venison in dark soy and ginger. My favourite dish today. 

Vietnamese Prawns, RM25.00
This was alright - sweet and tangy at the same time .... but not that tasty. 

served with a loaf of bread 
I loved the bread - crispy on the outside, soft yet dense inside, nice to dunk into the prawn gravy.

We also had a pot of hot tea for RM10.00, 3 bowls of white rice, RM1.50 per bowl. Hot towels at the end of the meal were charged RM2.50. GST was RM7.62, and all in all, we paid RM134.60.

I was glad that my colleagues found the food to their liking. They also liked the quiet ambience here because it made it easy for us to talk. We had a good meal that afternoon. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...