Friday, September 4, 2015

Lek Tau Suan Brekkie

My tummy was cold and craving for something hot .... and at this kueh stall outside Yang Guan and Cheng Gong cafes at Ban Hock Road early in the morning, I found this hot tub of Lek Tau Suan or split mung bean soup.

My tub of Lek Tau Suan, with a complimentary packet of You Tiao, RM2.50 

Dig in ...

I liked the fact that the mung bean soup was hot, and because of that, the consistency was good. The mung beans were powdery and fragrant; and the ratio of mung beans were generous, so that I wasn't eating only the sugary syrup. The you tiao which was a little savoury went really well with the lek tau suan. My only complaint was that it was a little too sweet ......

This was quite a big tub .... and I could only manage to finish half a bowl. Breakfast settled and my tummy warmed, I could concentrate on work once more. :))


3 comments:

  1. Hi, inid2tell. I like lek tau suan and have tried a few stalls around Kuching including Open Air, Carpenter Street and the one you mentioned at Ban Hock Road but in my opinion, nothing beats the lek tau suan at the I Love Yoo stall in Boulevard New Wing. The best around. Should try if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there during lunch time. The beans are consistently cooked, level of sweetness just right, not too watery and more importantly piping hot..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jonsey! I'd try that soon. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...