Sunday, September 13, 2015

Beyond Veggie

I was walking past Beyond Veggie .... and I decided to go in and try it's vegetarian food. I ordered Set 3 - which was a Portuguese Fry Mushroom set meal. What arrived was far from what was in the picture - especially where the side dishes were concerned.

My Portuguese Fry Mushroom Set, RM16.00

The menu
And it was stated there on top that there would be "spinach soup and 3 side dishes"

I counted only 2 types of side dishes. The other one was invisible. 

A closer look ... 

Now, let's dissect the food. 
Rice - ok.
Soup - looked clear, with goji berries sprinkled atop. Spinach? does not taste like spinach to me. Its taste was so bland that it was identifiable. It could have been very diluted tea, you know. 
Main dish - deep-fried battered mushroom chunks, long beans and  okra stir-fried in butter and curry leaves. Tasted ok, but was rather greasy. 
Side dishes - cucumbers, well I have no complain with cucumbers; and 2 pieces of rolled up beancurd skins - crispy texture, tasted of soy. 

The bill ... 

No mashed potatoes evident ..... Feeling cheated. Not coming back. Idealite has better service and better vegetarian food. I'd go to Idealite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...