Monday, September 21, 2015

Closed Because of Haze

It was 7.15 a.m. on Thursday, and the air quality was quite bad. I put on my protective mask, and walked to a classroom. The windows and doors of the classroom were all open, and the students were breathing in polluted air. Some were wearing masks, and others were not. I asked them to close all windows and doors. Better to be hot than to breathe in the acrid air.

Soon after, we were informed that the students could be let off, and the school let the students go home after recess. We teachers, however, stayed back in school to do our work. On Thursday night, news came that students did not have to go to school the next day, but we teachers were instructed to go to work as usual.

I woke up at 4.00 a.m., and checked my messages. None. So I got ready to go to work. I reached school at 6.15 a.m., only to find out that us teachers were also off for the day. What? Who said? When? I checked my phone to find a message that came in at 5.38 a.m. - which I had not read at all. Lol.

It wasn't only me who did not get the message. A number of my colleagues also came to work. So we went to Lee Coffee Shop at Ban Hock Road for breakfast - the large group of us.

Favourite Pulut Panggang, RM1.50 each

Delicious radish cake, crispy on the outside, soft and tasty inside; not sure how much as my colleague paid for it

Not knowing what to eat, I decided to try this 生肉面. The stall is in fact at Yang Guan Cafe, and not at Lee Coffee Shop .... but they do deliver to Lee Coffee Shop. Just specify your table number.


Special 生肉面, RM8.00
Thick wheat noodles, should be homemade, not springy but not too soft either; the noodles were tossed in thick black sauce - the taste wasn't too memorable


The soup was sweet, tasted like something that we could reproduce at home; there was kidney, liver, a few different cuts of pork meat, minced pork,

There's probably lots of msg ... which made me drink lots of water after that. Today also happens to be the last school day before we break off for a week ....


Egg sandwich, water, and reading while waiting for my flight ...

Happy holidays, folks! 



2 comments:

  1. Hello from Singapore! Here's pretty hazy too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmn ... Wondering when will the air clear up ....

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...