Saturday, August 8, 2009

Seng Guan Cafe : Kolo Mee 干面

My friends and I had an early start this morning. One of them has to sit for an examination at 9.00 a.m. She needs food for the brain before battling her way through the examination, which will last till 4.30 p.m.

So we left our house a little before 8.00 a.m. for some breakfast. We decided to go to Seng Guan Cafe, as we were quite impressed with the food the last time we were there.

This morning, I decided to try the kolo mee 干面 stall.

My friend ordered the dry-tossed wanton, while I ordered the kolo mee with char siew sauce.

Dry-tossed wanton

Kolo Mee with Char Siew Sauce

I did not try the wanton. My friend said it was just ordinary, and she preferred the dry-tossed wanton somewhere else.

Meanwhile, all 3 of us liked the kolo mee. It was moist but not too oily. The taste was just right - not to sweet nor salty. Most importantly, the noodle was 香 and full of flavour.

Both the wanton and the kolo mee cost RM2.50 a bowl. Rest assured, we will be going back there for more kolo mee in the future.

Good luck for your exam, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...