Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dinner @ Food & Tea

Food & Tea opened not long ago in Miri, and last night, my friends and I managed to go there for dinner. I had eaten at Food & Tea @ Berjaya Times Square, and I remembered liking the thick toast. Last night, as we were having dinner, we did not order the breads.

Well, W** and I shared a Shanghai-style Vegetable Rice with Pan fried beef (RM9.90). The rice was quite fragrant and tasty, and fluffy. The beef slices were tender and well-marinated, except that I thought it was too salty. The corn kernels added some colour and crunchiness to the bite. I wish they'd put more vegetables, though. There was only one miserable floret of brocolli, and 2 shreds of green vegetable.

Shanghai style vegetable rice with pan fried beef

A**** chose to have Fried Spaghetti with Pork Fillet in Hong Kong Style (RM9.90). I had some of those pasta and I did not think it was special in any way. It tasted merely of spaghetti in a mixture of oriental sauces and frozen vegetable bits. The pork fillet looked equally miserable.

Fried spaghetti with pork fillet

A**** and I liked the Baked Chicken Wings with Cheese (RM5.80). The sauce was rich and cheesy and flavoured the baked chicken wings well. The bigger wings, however, were slightly undercooked. I think I could just eat those cheesy wings with bread. Yum.

Baked chicken wings with cheese

We also tried some desserts. I liked my lotus seed & white fungus dessert (RM3.10), though it was quite sweet.

Lotus seed & white fungus dessert

Meanwhile, W** did not her Grass jelly with black glutinous rice dessert, which she thought was dry and thick. I think she preferred a more watery consistency for this dessert.

Grass jelly with black glutinous rice dessert

Overall, we were happy with the ambience and the quick service. We did not have to wait for long for the food. It could be that they were pre-cooked? Not sure. What's not so fun was the 10% service charge. For our meal we had to pay about RM5.00 just for service. Hmn ... RM5.00 could buy another meal at a hawker stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...