Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sarawak Laksa @ Ming Xin Cafe

I don't really fancy working during school holidays but I'm on duty at school this week. Do what? Well, nothing much. I check to ensure that all SPM and STPM candidates are present, and ensure that they bring their exam slips and IC. Then I am free to do my own work.

For the past 2 days I'd been cleaning up my office. I sorted out 3 bagfuls of papers to be recycled. I filed up documents in the correct files, reorganised my shelves, and wiped the windows. Heck, I even took down the curtains and washed them. I am ashamed to admit it but I think they had been unwashed for 8 years! Horrid, isn't it?

Near my workplace is Ming Xin Cafe, and today a few colleagues and I dropped by for lunch there. I ordered a Sarawak Laksa.

Sarawak Laksa
RM6.50

Well, this will probably be the first and last Laksa I'll have here. A good laksa lies in the gravy, and the laksa gravy here did not meet my standard - not aromatic and lemak enough. Condiments wise, there were a few thin slices of fish cake, shredded chicken, shredded egg omelette, beansprouts, 2 large prawns and a sprinkle of spring onions. The prawns were not succulent, a sign that there were not fresh. So to conclude, no more laksa here for me. Try if you dare!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I see that you are a teacher. Hopefully are situated in Miri too. Pardon me for leaving a comment like this in an unrelated post. I can't help but notice your enthusiasm and fluent English from your writing. I am wondering if you are interested in giving English lessons. Please contact us at 085-411102 if you are. You might just be the enthusiastic one we have been searching for. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is totally unexpected. I am truly honoured, but I'll have to give it a lot of thought. Thanks, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...