Monday, April 25, 2016

Special Bee Hoon Soup @ New Happy Cafe

This kopitiam is hidden right behind Homemade Specialties at Jalan Ang Cheng Ho. It's called New Happy Cafe. In fact, I'd seen it many times over but never had the urge to go try the food here. Today, I went upon the recommendation of my colleague, W. Many of us ordered the Special Bee Hoon Soup ....

Special Bee Hoon Soup, RM6.00

I'd say that they were quite generous with the ingredients - both pork balls and chicken slices were used, together with fishballs, veges and black fungus. The broth tasted of red rice wine, so it was slightly tangy. It also had a homemade feel to it. This stall fronting the shop sells many more stir-fried food .... and I'd love to come back and try the stir-fried noodles soon!

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...