Thursday, April 7, 2016

Kueh Chap @ Sin Poh Poh

It was 6.45 a.m. in the morning, raining. But we went to Sin Poh Poh, Padungan for breakfast. We both wanted to eat kueh chap, but at that early in the morning, the stall had not started operating. We waited till 7.00 a.m. before we could order.

Kueh Chap, RM5.00

Served boiling hot, this kueh chap was pretty tasty. The spices used to flavour the broth was not too overpowering. I liked it as it was, but S found it too bland. The pork meat and the offal were fresh and well-braised. There was also braised eggs and tofu pok. For a small bowl of RM5.00, the portion was reasonably big. Overall, I enjoyed the kueh chap lots.

What's nice at Sin Poh Poh is also the soy sauce kampua. I'll talk about that another time.

2 comments:

  1. We can hardly find kueh chap in KL...and RM5 is kinda cheap by KL standard too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kueh chap is quite yum, and I do think about it at times .... looks like I'd have to go back to visit the stall soon!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...